Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Cute Card Thursday - Mother's

Our theme at Cute Card Thursday this week is 'Mother's'. 
As always, we welcome your own interpretation. 

The images I chose are from My Favorite Things - Funky Flowers stamp set.
I have had this set for so long and never used it, I thought it would work perfectly for a Mother's Day card. 
(It is Mother's Day in the UK March 11th)


I also decided to give my Zig Clear Brush Markers another try, so I stamped the flowers in Versamark Watermark ink onto watercolor paper. I then heat embossed this with white embossing powder. I like to heat emboss the images before watercoloring as I find the color stays within the lines better and doesn't bleed out.
Once I had colored my images, I used my scan 'n cut to cut them out.
I used MFT's Blueprints #30 to cut out the rounded frame for my card and then arrranged the flower pieces on top. I didn't use any pop dots on this card as it is going to be mailed to UK.
I used a sentiment from MFT's Anything-but-Basic birthday wishes stamp set, which I stamped using Versamark watermark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I then used a stitched banner die from MFT's Blueprints #28 to cut it out.

We are sponsored this week by All Dressed Up Stamps, a great prize as always! 
Hope you can join us! See you there!

Thanks for looking!
Happy crafting :-)

 

 

1 comment: